Hot Tips for Summer Home Sales in Tuscaloosa
The Spring Sales Season has passed, but in Tuscaloosa’s vibrant housing market there are plenty of opportunities to keep the momentum going as buyers search this summer. Here are a few tips for summer showings.
- Flexible Showing Hours: Summer can often afford home buyers the opportunity to browse homes later in the afternoon, during vacation days or over long weekends. Keep your showing schedule flexible to accomodate for these potential additional times to shine.
- Bring the Light Inside: Drop those heavy drapes and let the light shine in. The summer delivers abundant sunlight and extra daylight hours, and the perfect chance to show your house in a different light.
- Keep the Grass Treated and Trim: Grass grows faster in the summer so mow your lawn regularly. Every other lawn cutting, try mowing on the diagonal to add dimension and curb appeal. So far this summer we’ve seen a steady supply of summer storms in many areas, but it only takes a few days of hot, dry Alabama sun to bake your yard.
- Continue the Curb Appeal: Again, it may be hot, but it’s worth it. Trim the bushes. Plant flowers. Scatter mulch. Paint your house number on the curb. Sweep the walk. Make your entrance welcoming and warm.
- Keep It Cool: There’s nothing more refreshing than a break from the blistering Alabama heat than the cool AC. If you have a showing scheduled, make sure you tweak the thermostat to a comfortable level. It may cost more, but buyers will appreciate.
- Decorate with summer accents: Look around your home for color inspiration. Add vivid blue decor items for a calming effect. Replace dark-colored accent pillows and throw rugs with brighter, summer hues.